Brief Job Summary:
Assist nurses (LPN or RN) in providing the activities of daily living.
Typically Reports To:
Follow chain of command: Charge nurse, then Director of Nursing (if the problem is not solved), feel free to contact Serenity Staffing to help with any matters as well.
- Successfully complete a state-approved nurse’s aide training program.
- Must understand English both written and spoken.
- Must have current certification and registration with the Kansas Department of Health.
- Must be able to safely and successfully perform job-related functions, with or without reasonable accommodations required by federal, state, or local law
- Care for multiple residents in multiple facilities.
- Observe Resident Rights.
- Provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Bathing; Dressing
- Feeding; Pass and pick up food trays; Serve nourishments; keep record of intake and output
- Transfer to and from bed or chair or other locations within the facility, and may be asked to help with transports
- Assist to and from the toilet, assist with any toileting needs in a timely manner
- Keep incontinent residents clean
- Monitor and record bowel movements
- Pass and empty bedpans, urinals, and emesis basins; collect specimens such as urine, stool, and sputum
- Reposition residents in bed or chair
- Assist with personal and dental hygiene
- Assist in Ambulation
- Make beds; change linens
- Answer call lights and make rounds
- Provide in postmortem care
- Take and record vital signs; Measure and record height and weight
- Record ADLs according to facility policies
- Observe residents and note physical condition, attitude, reactions, appetite, etc. and report to any changes to the charge nurse.
- Use safety devices and standard precautions to prevent the spread of infection and disease
- Monitor dining room during mealtimes as scheduled
- Evacuate residents in an emergency, according to fire and evacuation policy. Know the policies of the facilities you are working in for Tornado and Fire protocols
- Assist nurse with admitting, transferring, and discharging residents
- Assist nurse in giving treatments, and examining residents (as allowed in the facility you are working in)
- Assist with restorative and rehab care with proper instruction and supervision
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality. Arrive to the facility you are scheduled to work ready to get report and be respectful of other staff members.
- Stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, scale, tray, carts, Hoyer lift, sit to stand lift, whirlpool tub, wheelchairs, walkers, canes, charts, linens, towels, standard precautions (gloves, goggles, masks), thermometers, urinals, bed pans, commodes, and personal hygiene products